The PGA Foundation's program entitled "PGA H.O.P.E." - (Helping Our Patriots Everywhere) - is an extension of The PGA's Wounded Warrior strategy that was implemented at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda, Md.; Brooks Army Medical Center in San Antonio; and Balboa Naval Medical Center in San Diego, in 2007. Today, not only is the PGA Foundation continuing those sites, but has added additional sites working with the VA Medical Centers through PGA H.O.P.E. and also the VA Down Range Clinics. Future sites will be situated in communities where The PGA of America conducts their major championships. The current sites include:
- Canton, Ohio -PGA HOPE Program for Women
- Atlanta, Ga. - Atlanta VA - PGA HOPE Program
- Ft. Belvoir, Va. - Ft. Belvoir Wounded Warrior Golf Program/PGA HOPE Program
- Los Angeles - LA VA - PGA HOPE Program
- Battle Creek, Mich. - Battle Creek VA - PGA HOPE Program
- Charleston, S.C. - Charleston VA - PGA HOPE Program
- St. Louis, MO - St. Louis VA HealthCare System - PGA HOPE Program
- Buffalo, NY - Western NY VA HealthCare System - PGA HOPE Program
- Lakewood, WA - American Lake VA - Down Range Clinic
- Tampa, Fla. - Tampa VA Adaptive Golf Program
- Iowa City - Iowa GIVE Program
- Olney, MD - SMGA Wounded Warrior Golf Program
"PGA H.O.P.E." is a five-week program designed to introduce golf to veterans with disabilities, in order to enhance their mental, social, physical and emotional well-being. The PGA Foundation, regional PGA Sections and PGA Professionals nationwide are working with local VA hospitals to initiate this program.
The goal is to introduce golf to the veterans with disabilities as an activity to assist them with their progress in rehabilitation, along with helping them to assimilate back into the mainstream of their community, as well into life.
Click here for more information.
PGA Diversity Scholarship Support
The PGA Foundation, in an effort to encourage higher educational pursuits by individuals from a diverse heritage, will be partnering with other scholarship organizations that provide scholarships to individuals of color and females. This funding initiative by the PGA Foundation is aimed at changing people's lives by allowing them the opportunity to attain a college education and make a positive difference in their lives as well as in communities nationwide.